argument: you cannot control perception; only shape it.
perception is value-laden and ruled by interest
When scientists first tried to create artificial intelligence, they overestimated the concept of seeing.
– They thought it would be easy to make robots see like humans see.
– – Just attach video camera.
Nothing is that simple.
– There are so many objects in the world.
– – So many objects in any given visual field.
– – – It is not easy filter through those hundreds of thousands of objects and focus on one.
– – – – If one is to achieve anything at all, he must block the rest of the entire world out of his mind.
– – – – – Perhaps we all are still in the garden.
– – – – – – Not fully aware of true nudity.
Seeing as a segue into Perception.
Perception goes beyond our eyeballs.
– Perception is loaded with personal values.
– Perception is loaded with personal interest.
exit is the goal.
– friction is the enemy.
– freedom, the desire.
– the gravitational force of various things hold us back.
– – what things?
– – held back from what?
– – how does one escape their gravity?
how does one exit?
– exit to where?
to exit is to opt out.
– opt out of current structures that just don’t cut it.
– – that just feel wrong.
– – – articulate the feeling.
exit on both micro and macro level.
– feel different.
exit day-to-day structures.
– start with things in your immediate control.
– – minute-to-minute.
– – word-to-word.
– – though-to-thought.
become a humble practitioner who practices good practice.
– humble how?
the world is hyper complex.
– most do not treat it as so.
– if one does not speak with careful precision,
– then one risks slipping into speaking on subject matter beyond his scope.
Wittgenstein: “whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent.”
– it is a waste of time/energy/thought to speak on matters beyond one’s scope.
– – ego plays a role.
– – structure plays a role.
– – – what is worse, it is fashionable to do so.
– – – with no tangible punishment,
– – – unless wasted time is tangible.
– it is a grave mistake to enslave oneself to the delusion that the world is simple.
– – grave mistakes are habitual.
– – in our nature.
I fear I am stuck operating upon one giant false premise.
– that such large truth clams can be articulated in such simple terms.
– – with such little effort.
– – – casually, over a cup of coffee.
– – – – it’s not that simple.
the world is hyper-complex.
– respect that fact.
– to not do so is an insult to life itself.
– – and it all starts with the words we use.
– – the way we speak.
– – our conversations.
exit conversations that do not respect the simple fact.
– exit that type of speech.
– – that type of thought.
– it is incorrect.
– – and to exit out of what is incorrect
– – into something that is more correct
– – is to transcend.
exit how life is structured
if one’s life is not maximizing freedom.
– take a step back.
consider all sources of friction that render one bound.
– bound by location.
– bound by currency.
– bound by state.
– bound by fruitless relationships.
– bound by ego.
– – etc. etc.
there is a give and take to the aforementioned sources of friction.
– they provide structure.
– – the structure serves as a form of protection.
– – – but the protection feels more secure than it actually is.
structure not built by you is not looking out for you, the individual.
– not looking out for you as you would look out for yourself.
– the state is too big to mind shielding you, the individual.
– location is arbitrary.
– – until you truly choose yours for real reasons.
– currency is just stored energy.
– – be intentional with your energy.
– – – where you store it.
– – – how you store it.
– – – – jack bogel.
– – – – crypto.
– fruitless relationships are fruitless.
– – fresh fruit is superior.
– – – especially when you pick it yourself.
– the ego can evolve.
Bruce Lee: “be like water.”
– a general rule for exiting structure.
– – one must become as indestructible as one can be in order to successfully exit.
– how does one become indestructible?
– – how does one protect oneself?
– – – protect from what?
– – – – frictions not met until after exit.
– – what things could kill you?
– – – study, master, prevent worse case scenario.
– – – – the worst thing is death.
– – – – study jiu jitsu.
– – – – study money.
– – – – study history.
– – – – – to spot what is coming.
– – – – study death.
– earn a living that does not bind you to location.
– – remote work.
– live in a state that does not bind freedom of expression nor movement.
– – vote with your feet.
– articulate personal values.
– – learn what is important and let go of that which is not.
– – – love is the only permissible friction.
– – – – friction that is eased by certain modern technologies.
– – – – – and distorted by others
We are in a constant state of becoming.
A noble goal to set for oneself: avoid becoming shit for as long as possible.
It’s not easy.
Each moment devours the next, constantly and forever.
Anything alive is susceptible to a quick beheading or a slow death.
The same goes for the ideas.
What is beautiful one moment could dull the next,
or slip from the mind and disappear altogether.
I am worried.
Creative ideas — I liken them to a flame.
Have they dulled recently?
How often do I fail in preventing their disappearance from the forefront of consciousness?
The truthful answers are pessimistic ones.
I am guilty of letting good ideas die and become shit.
By letting a good idea become shit, I become shit.
I feel a duty to avoid all that.
So, how does one prevent a good idea from dying?
“Fire feeds on obstacles.” – Marcus Aurelius
WordPress is an award-winning web software, used by millions of webmasters worldwide for building their website or blog. SiteGround is proud to host this particular WordPress installation and provide users with multiple resources to facilitate the management of their WP websites:
SiteGround provides superior WordPress hosting focused on speed, security and customer service. We take care of WordPress sites security with unique server-level customizations, WP auto-updates, and daily backups. We make them faster by regularly upgrading our hardware, offering free CDN with Railgun and developing our SuperCacher that speeds sites up to 100 times! And last but not least, we provide real WordPress help 24/7! Learn more about SiteGround WordPress hosting
WordPress tutorial and knowledgebase articles
WordPress is considered an easy to work with software. Yet, if you are a beginner you might need some help, or you might be looking for tweaks that do not come naturally even to more advanced users. SiteGround WordPress tutorial includes installation and theme change instructions, management of WordPress plugins, manual upgrade and backup creation, and more. If you are looking for a more rare setup or modification, you may visit SiteGround Knowledgebase.
SiteGround experts not only develop various solutions for WordPress sites, but also create unique designs that you could download for free. SiteGround WordPress themes are easy to customize for the particular use of the webmaster.